Show biofilm the red card
Elimination of the biofilm is key for the treatment success of periodontitis, peri-implant muscositis and peri-implantitis.
Periodontitis, peri-implant mucositis and peri-implantitis are bacterial inflammations with similar symptoms. The underlying cause behind all three indications, which progress in a similar way, is bacterial plaque forming a biofilm, rich in pathogenic bacteria. The softening of the biofilm and effective elimination of the bacteria is thus the key prerequisite for effective treatment of these conditions.
PERISOLV® is a new antibacterial cleaning gel which can be used in addition to mechanical debridement.
- Elimination of the biofilm*
- Improved mucositis treatment1
- Reduction of pocket depth even in persistent pockets2, 3
* Enhancing bacterial removal by mechanical debridement.
1. Data on file.
2. Guarnelli ME et al. ‘Professional local administration of chloramine-based treatment in conjunction with ultrasonic mechanical instrumentation: clinical outcomes in patients with deep periodontal pockets persisting following active non-surgical therapy’. Minerva Stomatologia, April 2015; Vol. 64 suppl. 1 al No. 2: 158-159.
3. Data on file.