What Are Biomaterials?
Biomaterials, i.e., bone substitutes and collagen membranes, are regularly used in regenerative dentistry when human tissue is totally missing or qualitatively not sufficient. Biomaterials can be implanted in the human body for replacing or repairing missing tissue. They may be of natural origin or synthesized in a laboratory and have the ability of interacting with the human body.
When bone (hard tissue) is missing or of poor quality, the procedure to be applied is called Guided Bone Regeneration (GBR). GBR helps support and augment the jaw bone for safeguarding the longevity of an implantation. For this therapy, barrier membranes are used to direct the growth of new bone.
When periodontal soft-tissue structures have been lost, Guided Tissue Regeneration (GTR) is used for reconstruction of the periodontal ligament and attachment of other connective tissue supporting teeth. Here, biomaterials such as membranes are frequently used, too.
Before such therapies, it is essential to eliminate bacteria (biofilm) in the oral cavity as completely as possible.
It is REGEDENT’s all-round competence to supply dental specialists with all first-rate biomaterials they need to make their therapy a long-time success to improve the quality of life of their patients.
Bacteria with destroyed cell walls (surface) after application of REGEDENT’s solution for biofilm therapy.
The structure of a REGEDENT membrane supports wound healing and provides a good barrier between bone and gingival tissue.
The structure of a REGEDENT bone substitute material represents a scaffold for bone regeneration.
REGEDENT bone substitute materials:
stabilise and support bone regeneration
- Either made from deproteinized porcine cancellous bone or fully synthetic graft concept – getting closer to human bone.
- Enhanced safety and biocompatibility profile thanks to the highly efficient preparation process removing organic factors or synthetic graft concept.
- REGEDENT bone substitute materials help the body regenerate lost bone.
protect and favour wound healing
- Made from highly purified porcine pericardium featuring all benefits of a modern native collagen membrane.
- REGEDENT membranes support wound healing and provide a barrier between bone and gingival tissue to enable unimpeded formation of new bone.
REGEDENT hyaluronic acid:
natural promoter of regeneration
- REGEDENT hyaluronic acid solution of non-animal origin is a highly concentrated gel for regenerative dental and periodontal applications.
- Hyaluronic acid is a substance naturally present in the human body.
REGEDENT biofilm eraser:
effective treatment of periodontal and peri-implant inflammations
- REGEDENT biofilm eraser is based on physiologically highly active chloramines, natural components of the endogenous human immune defence system.
- Brand new addition to periodontitis and peri-implantitis therapies.
Information on this website is solely supplied for information purposes. It is not intended to be a substitute for advice provided by dental specialists.